James Sullivan is a recognized leader and sustainability innovator. In over 25 years of work in certification he has worked to create, manage and improve the effectiveness of new and existing certification and labelling systems. His passion is to support new and growing initiatives designed to achieve economic, social and environmental goals.
James understands that achieving sustainability is about innovation, creating changes in our lives, institutions and broader society in order to live in balance with the ecological limits of our world.
Some of his accomplishments include:
- Technical Expert and Delegate to the Environmental Performance Evaluation subcommittee in the developement of the ISO 14000 family of standards.
- Founding chair of the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Canada
- Board member and later Deputy Executive Director of FSC International
- A founding member of the International Social and Environmental Accreditation and Labelling (ISEAL) Alliance
- Executive Director of Two Countries, One Forest
- Chair of the ISEAL Alliance Technical Committee
He is a globally respected leader in accreditation, certification, and labelling and serves as the chair of the ISEAL Alliance Technical Committee and is a member of the Accreditation Committee of Accreditation Services International (ASI) and a member of the Standards Council of Canada’s Canadian Advisory Committee on Social Responsibility.
His work supports the development of ways to have independent verification of social, environmental and economic aspects of the products and services we all use. He was an early leader in the development of corporate environmental and sustainability reporting, the design of environmental management systems, and the innovation of environmental performance evaluation.
James is a dynamic speaker and workshop presenter. He has worked with small groups and presented to conferences of thousands.
James can be reached by email at email@example.com